Saturday, August 29, 2009

Are you Ready for Monday?

I know most folks don't look forward to Mondays - but this week, I can't wait. One more day to go at Fan Expo, and I can get back to book sketching.

For those who are new to the blog: This blog is one man's journey (mine) to try and reclaim my drawing ability by copying from books. The goal is to draw for 6 months using construction in order to re-teach myself how to draw. I will do this 5 days a week, 1 hour each day, while looking for incremental improvements.

By making the process public, I am keeping pressure on myself to keep up with it all, while hopefully inspiring others out there to pick up a pencil and get drawing.

I hope to emerge on the other side with a much improved drawing ability.

You can try this too - it's a lot of fun and best of all -IT'S FREE.

After 6 months, hopefully I will be comfortable enough with construction, to move on to rendering. I already have some great books lined up. After that, I plan to invent the cure for cancer and find out who killed Michael Jackson.

Cheers,
Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment